Jun 8, 2012

From Rich's Blog: Photo Update of My Recent Travels!


Hey Friends & Family,

I was thinking about finding some interesting facts about Ghana to share with you.  As I was searching, I ultimately found myself back at my brother, Rich's blog.  The great thing was, Rich lived it.  He knew the sights, smells, tastes, and sounds of Ghana while he lived there in 2009 as a foreign exchange student.  No better place than Rich's blog post titled "Photo update of my recent travels!"  to give us an idea about life in Ghana.  I went ahead and copied/pasted his post right into my blog.  Rich made this post on Friday May 1, 2009, which would have been the latter half of his exchange.  Enjoy!

*Click the photo's to enlarge the image.

Photo update of my recent travels!

The pictures are a bit sporadic, but so is Ghana. Nonetheless, enjoy!


Unloading a ferry.
Another colorful sunrise.

Our luxurious sleeping arrangements. I slept on the bench nearest to you. Queen sized beds are overrated!

The lake was endless.

Yams.

You can't get much better of a sunset!

The bull's "I wasn't ment to be a seaman" pose.
The Yapei Queen on the Volta Lake.

Mole National Park.

Me and the Ghana.

A Warthog. Who knew Ghana had such an influence on Halo?
Baboon.

Elephants.

Ghana versus Benin, March 29, 2009.

Celebrating after the victory!

Baba Yara Sports Stadium:Kumasi. Ghana versus Benin in a World Cup Qualifying match. Ghana-1 Benin-0
National Pride.

Selorm, my host brother for the weekend in Accra.

The Monkey Sanctuary in the Volta Region.

Guys will laugh, maybe not the girls. haha.

Belgian Joris, Wesley, Me and Boris from Belgium as well, on the Volta Bridge.

The usual stampede of vendors trying to sell their goods to people in a trotro.

The Volta Bridge; it's on the back of a 1 pesewa coin.

The House Of Parliament in Accra. We watched the budget reading: quite an experience.

Me, Ama, my long lost host sister Rebecca(I call her Adwoa) and Kwame ti so (his head size is disproportionate to his body, so I like to call him Kwame big head, it's all in good fun though!).

Boris, Wes and I on our way to Yeji to catch the ferry which took us to Akosombo.


No comments:

Post a Comment